What is Brave?
BRAVE is a catalytic movement for girls.
BRAVE intentionally reaches vulnerable girls (foster care/probation/sexual abuse/divorce).
BRAVE sees empowerment as the GOAL. We want girls to be strong and free.
BRAVE celebrates diversity—all colors, shapes & sizes!
BRAVE connects the community and the local church to work together.
BRAVE believes girls are the solution not the problem.
Boundless Vancouver offers two types of Brave programs to accomplish these things - an annual one-day event and a year-long mentorship program. Please see below to learn more about these programs.
Brave is a FREE one-day event to remind girls they are valuable and worth being celebrated. Our goal is to inspire all girls, give them a boost of confidence, and motivate them to be brave.
Brave is for girls ages 12-18 and the adults who support them. We believe in uplifting all girls. That means you... even if you don't think you're worth it.
This year, Boundless Vancouver is collaborating with Westside Church to host Brave online on February 27, 2021. Brave attendees can expect to see guest speakers, prizes and giveaways, fun activities and a chance to meet other girls their age. It's our hope that they walk away seeing their world in a whole new way.
Brave Circles is a ten-month mentorship program for at-risk girls ages 12-15. Brave Circles exists to see teenage girls empowered and equipped to develop their character through stable and healthy relationships with their mentors and peers.
The program consists of 3 main components:
Mentor/ Mentee Meetings
Our mentors and mentees meet 1-on-1 at least two times a month to:
- Plan and do recreational activities together (i.e. hiking, movies, coffee, etc.)
- Plan and do life-skill building activities together (i.e. budgeting, cooking, laundry, etc)
- Set and work towards accomplishing goals
Mentors and mentees meet together bi-monthly to share a meal, learn fun new skills, and complete other activities together. These gatherings are held to teach the following:
- Fun recreational activities (painting, make-up, beading, etc.)
- Health (eating, exercise, mental health, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills (communication, healthy boundaries, etc.)
- Other life skills (time management, resumes, cooking, etc.)
Mentor Training and Support Session
Bi-monthly, our mentors gather together for:
- Peer support (share experiences, connect, encourage, etc.)
- Education and skill development (goal setting, cultural humility, active listening, etc.)
May 18 - Brave Information Session 1
June 8 - Brave Information Session 2
July 1 - Mentor Applications Due
August 1 - Mentee Applications Due
September 7 and 14 - Mentor Training Sessions
September 28 - Brave 2021 Launch
Ways to Get Involved
Connect with the Brave team
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us by clicking the button here!