What is Brave?
BRAVE is a catalytic movement for girls.
BRAVE intentionally reaches vulnerable girls (foster care/probation/sexual abuse/divorce).
BRAVE sees empowerment as the GOAL. We want girls to be strong and free.
BRAVE celebrates diversity—all colors, shapes & sizes!
BRAVE connects the community and the local church to work together.
BRAVE believes girls are the solution not the problem.
Boundless Vancouver offers two types of Brave programs to accomplish these things - an annual one-day event and a year-long mentorship program. Please see below to learn more about these programs.
What to expect
All girls will have the chance to shop for free at our beautiful boutique and will receive a new Herschel backpack that they can fill with items provided throughout the event! These items will include new or gently used clothing, shoes, accessories, jewelry, feminine hygiene products, crafts, and beauty supplies.
Girls will also have the opportunity to book an on-site appointment with a local hair salon for a haircut or styling, receive a meal, participate in creative projects, have a professional portrait taken, win fun prizes, and more!
Thank you so much for attending the event! Hope to see you at the next BRAVE Event!
Brave Circles is a ten-month mentorship program for at-risk girls ages 12-15. Brave Circles exists to see teenage girls empowered and equipped to develop their character through stable and healthy relationships with their mentors and peers.
The program consists of 3 main components:
Mentor/ Mentee Meetings
Our mentors and mentees meet 1-on-1 at least two times a month to:
- Plan and do recreational activities together (i.e. hiking, movies, coffee, etc.)
- Plan and do life-skill building activities together (i.e. budgeting, cooking, laundry, etc)
- Set and work towards accomplishing goals
Mentors and mentees meet together bi-monthly to share a meal, learn fun new skills, and complete other activities together. These gatherings are held to teach the following:
- Fun recreational activities (painting, make-up, beading, etc.)
- Health (eating, exercise, mental health, etc.)
- Interpersonal skills (communication, healthy boundaries, etc.)
- Other life skills (time management, resumes, cooking, etc.)
Mentor Training and Support Session
Bi-monthly, our mentors gather together for:
- Peer support (share experiences, connect, encourage, etc.)
- Education and skill development (goal setting, cultural humility, active listening, etc.)
May 18 - Brave Information Session 1
June 8 - Brave Information Session 2
July 1 - Mentor Applications Due
August 1 - Mentee Applications Due
September 14 and 21 - Mentor Training Sessions
September 28 - Brave 2021 Launch
Interested in attending an info session? Email us at [email protected] today!
Ways to Get Involved
Connect with the Brave team
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us by clicking the button here!